I’m going to take a note from The Bloggess today and make a list all about me. I did this a while back on FaceBook, but I think it’s time to share myself with the entire world … which sounds way kinky, now that I think about it. That’s not what I meant. Also, on FB, I only did 25. I’m going to *try* to make it to 50 this time. Oh yeah – and The Bloggess did stuff she likes about herself. I’m just doing stuff about me. Whether I like it or not. So I guess it’s not really the same at all but whatever.
1. I can function on very little sleep. Will I endlessly bitch about it? Yes. But I will keep on rockin’ and/or rollin’.
2. I drink like my dad. I prefer my coffee black, my wine red, my tea overly sweet, and my beer a’plenty.
3. I’m not 100% sure what I want to be when I grow up so I have a Top 5 list. One of the Top 5 is entirely impossible. One is attainable. The others most people would say are “silly”. I feel like I’ve thrown “astronaut” and “cowboy” on there.
4. My friends are really super cool. I have the most interesting and eclectic group of friends locally and across the country. You all make me a better person.
5. I like to eat. Often. And in large quantities.
6. In the past two years I have gone from being grammar stickler to throwing grammar rules out the window. Yeah, that’s my big flip off to the system. Rebel, rebel.
7. I like the way newspapers smell. I like the way the printing press smells better. But the smell I love the most is the smell of a paste-up board (Yes, they do have a smell), which sadly no longer exist, really.
8. I care more about what others think than I like to let on. I hate being hurt but I more hate others knowing they’ve hurt me.
9. I once got busy in a Burger King bathroom … OK, not really.
10. I am really super hungry and overly ready for lunch.
11. I like spicy food a lot. A lot, a lot.
12. Ok, I like FOOD a lot. In general.
13. I am fascinated by Quakers. I sorta want to be one.
14. I buy Amish cheese (even though Holly tells me not to).
15. I love my dogs. I have always said that my dogs were like children and people would tell me that would change when I had Sabine … but it didn’t. My dogs are still my babies and, if anything, I love them even more now as I watch their relationship with her develop. They’re siblings, after all!
16. I have never watched an episode of American Idol.
17. I can’t stand to be in a silent room. I almost constantly have music playing.
18. I wish I could play the clarinet. Its cool.
19. I suck at caring for plants. There is one in my office that has somehow survived me for nearly six years. Every other plant I have killed pretty immediately. I think Office Plant is a masochist.
20. I have a weird sense of humor that people don’t often get, so I spend a lot of time looking like a dork.
21. I actually AM a dork, too.
22. When I was little I used to read Encyclopedias cover to cover, as if they were novels. For Christmas when I was five I asked for a set of Encyclopedias. I still have them.
23. For my birthday when I was seven I asked for a Thesaurus (Told you – dork).
24. I don’t like nuts in sweets. Except for Baklava. That’s different.
25. I can still wear shoes from the kids’ department.
26. I have had a deer throw up on me.
27. I have a stuffed bear named Curtis Mayfield.
28. I keep a copy of Freakonomics hidden in my desk drawer for slow days because I like statistics THAT much.
29. I like to watch dorky things like American Masters on PBS. I like it so much that I pay $5 a month to add PBS to our satellite.
30. I often perv out to DeCon architecture.
31. I think Tucker Carlson is a hottie. Even if I have to watch him on mute.
32. I hate soup as a meal. I like soup – it’s normally yummy. But it needs like, a loaf of bread to go along with it and make it a meal.
33. Are we done yet?
34. I am in need of more coffee.
35. Now I have more coffee.
36. I still haven’t stopped thinking about food.
37. I WILL make it to 40. At least.
38. I’m wearing a new shirt today and I’m a little pissed that no one has told me how cute I look.
39. I’m almost done with this thing.
40. Now I am done.
What? Those last five or so things ARE about me, so it’s not really cheating.